Playing the banjo is a lot more fun, and mastering it may provide lifelong enjoyment. The banjo’s rapid rhythms give energy and thrust to a variety of musical forms, and its bright and clear tone is very effortless to create. To keep this instrument properly you will need a stand, a Banjo Stand.
Banjos are expensive instruments that should be used with care and kept safely. There are a lot of brands that manufacture a variety of Banjo stands, in different styles. The stands can be really expensive like the Sosebee Banjo stands and can be cheaper than a DIY Banjo stand.
Best Banjo Stand – Buying Guide
What to consider before buying a Banjo Stand?
- Material: there are a lot of companies that manufacture stands from different materials such as wood or aluminum. The Deering Banjo stands are famous for their wooden Banjo stands. You can also go for the ones made from aircraft-grade aluminum for a strong structure.
- Brand: there are a lot of brands to choose from but only some are reliable. You can check out Hercules Banjo stands; it is a reputed brand.
- Portability: the stands are of great variety, from small sizes to big ones. The brands always promote portability by making them foldable in nature. Resonator Banjo stands are comparatively bigger than floor stands but are now manufactured in foldable nature.
- Stability: to make the stands light, most companies ignore stability. They make them so light that the stands can tip over any time, this makes them less stable.
- Paddings: the stands come with a lot of paddings, while some prevent any damage to your instrument, some cause scratches on the surfaces. You will get a lot of options such as foam, rubber, or nitrocellulose-free paddings. Foam is not a wise choice as it doesn’t prevent such damages.
Best Banjo Stand Reviews
1.Amazon Basic Folding A-frame stand: The Best Banjo Stand
A-frame stands are universal stands and can hold anything ranging from guitars to cellos. It provides back support as well as has 3 adjustable width settings for any size of the instrument. It is lightweight as well as excels in durability.
- Three Width Setting
- Firm rubber grip on feet
- Padded support
- Foldable for easy transportation
As compared to other designs an A-frame stand can hold any instrument ranging from a normal Guitar to a cello. It is made up of durable material and is lightweight as well.
It can be used for any instrument similar to guitars such as banjo, cello, or bass. It has convenient 3 width settings to incorporate any size.
- To accommodate any-shape guitar and other instruments, it has 3 width setting.
- It is made of metal as well as it is lightweight.
- It has a rubber grip on its feet for convenient transport and has back support to protect your instrument.
- It requires no assembly.
- As it’s lightweight, it can easily tip over.
- It has foam on the arms instead of rubber.
The foam grip on the arms and the back support helps protect the instrument.
Why should you buy it?
If you want a universal stand, A-frame is the way to go. You can gift this to any instrument owner who likes to keep their beloved in a proper manner.
2.Folding Instrument stand
It is a must-have banjo stand manufactured by Nordic Essential. It has a multi-stretch feature which makes it suitable for a variety of instruments. It comes with a premium carry bag which makes it easier to carry around. You even get a lifetime warranty with the stand.
- Color: Blue
- Brand: Nordic essential
- Material: Aircraft grade aluminum
Unlike other stands, this comes with a lifetime warranty. It has silicon pads that protect the instruments and is made up of aircraft-grade aluminum. It comes with a premium carry bag which makes it convenient for transportation.
It is a foldable multi-purpose stand for a variety of instruments. It is made up of aircraft-grade aluminum which makes it steady and secure for various expensive instruments.
- Comes with a carry bag.
- Has a lifetime warranty.
- Made up of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Has protective silicon padding.
- It can leave some scratches on the back.
It has silicon padding instead of rubber or foam paddings. The cherry on the top is the lifetime warranty it comes along with. Unlike others, it also comes with a cover for convenient transportation.
Why should you buy it?
It is the perfect all-rounder stand. It has multiple settings to accommodate a variety of instruments. The stand comes with a lifetime warranty and a cover for convenient transportation. You also get a carry bag to keep the stand in and take anywhere with you.
3.Peak Music stand ST-30
The ST-30 is an adjustable banjo stand. It comes with an adjustable neck height to provide extra support to the instrument. You can easily carry it in a carry bag after folding it into a portable size. You can increase or decrease the size of the stand according to your needs as well as fold it away when not in use.
- Color: Onyx black
- Material: Aluminum
- Brand: Peak music Stands
The ST-30 comes with adjustable neck support which is usually absent in many stands manufactured by different companies. It is made up of strong aluminum and comes with a carry bag. It has a lock even on the neck support to prevent the banjo from falling.
Made from strong aluminum, its neck and arms can be adjusted to securely hold any instrument. You can also adjust the height of the stand. It has easy locks to secure the instruments.
- Adjustable neck support
- Made up of strong aluminum
- Comes with a carry bag
- It can be too portable which can sometimes make it sturdy.
It comes with an adjustable neck and arms to securely hold the instrument. It can easily be kept away after being folded into a portable size. The strong aluminum structure is secure and can be trusted with your expensive instruments.
Why should you buy it?
It is made up of strong aluminum which makes it steady and safe for you to keep your valuable instruments on it. You can easily adjust the neck and arm to accommodate a variety of instruments.
4.Universal guitar stand by Hola Music
It is the perfect tripod stand for a variety of instruments. It has nitrocellulose-safe padding which prevents any damage on the surface of the instruments. It is stable as well as durable which makes it perfect for indoors and outdoors use.
- Color: Black
- Brand: Hola music
- Material: nitrocellulose safe paddings
While other banjo stands are said to leave marks on the surface of the instrument, this model has nitrocellulose-safe paddings which prevent any such marks from damaging the surface. Its foldable neck adds to the advantages it has over other stands in the market. It comes along with a free 2-month of live video music lessons.
It not only holds the banjo but prevents it from any scratches that can be caused by other stands. The free 2 months live music lesson can also help you to enhance your skills. The adjustable height and non-slipping grips add up to the desirability of the stand. You also get secure locks at various parts of the stand to securely hold your Banjo.
- Nitrocellulose safe paddings.
- Comes with free 2-month live music lessons.
- Nonslip feet which make it steady.
- Adjustable height.
- If your priority is stability more than portability you might want to go for a more secure version or go for a banjo floor stand.
Instead of foam or rubber paddings, it has nitrocellulose-free paddings which prevent further damage. The foldable neck makes it more portable than others.
Why should you buy it?
Unlike others, it has nitrocellulose-free paddings which make it more preferable to others. The foldable neck and steady grip add to the features of the stand.
1.Can an adjustable banjo Stand hold a cello?
Yes, a freely adjustable stand can hold a variety of instruments including the big ones such as cello.
2.Is there any chance of the stand tipping over?
The stands can sometimes tip over when the instrument is not placed properly or when the stand is too light.
Also, check out 5 Must-Have Banjo Gig Bag to safely store your banjo and if you also travel frequently.
I own a music instruments shop. My go to instrument is a banjo. My business makes it easier for me to access the instruments from various brands and of various types. I will give my honest opinion here to help out others in choosing the right instrument for them.