Being as versatile as it is, Banjo does a great job with country music. Though it can be used to play classic Banjo tunes with great ease, it works perfectly with all other kinds of music as well. The resonator produces excellent sound quality. The sound quality of this instrument is truly impressive. It can be used to play different types of music varying across different genres. All its characteristic features, specifications, and performance reviews have been listed down below. Through this article, let us analyse some of the best budget Banjo options available online.
Some of these best cheap beginner Banjo models are perfect for a new learner. Just by simply reading through this list of best budget Banjo options, a prospective buyer will be able to understand the individual features and performance of each of these models. They can then evaluate, compare, analyse and then decide on the right Banjo model to suit their needs.
Best budget Banjo: Buying guide
What are the Factors to look for?
When it comes to different types of Banjos, there are 7 major types of Banjo models available. These seven types include:
- Open-back Banjos.
- Resonator Banjos.
- Four-string Banjos.
- Five-string Banjos.
- Six-string Banjos.
- Twelve-string Banjos.
- Hybrid Banjos.
Some of the best budget Banjo options available online:
Through this list, we have tried to list out some of the best budget Banjo options available on the online platform. This includes several best affordable Banjo options. At the same time, it also lets the buyer choose from models of the best sounding Banjo for the money they pay. Going through this article can prove to be beneficial. Anybody who is planning to purchase a good Banjo or is looking forward to buying the ideal Banjo to suit their needs, will find this article extremely beneficial.
The best features of all the suitable models have been listed. These models have been selected as they have extremely high ratings and great reviews. Almost all of them have received a 4.8 or higher rating from their customers. All these models come with amazing features that have been engineered to impress. In general, these best budget Banjo models have extraordinary sound quality.
Best Budget Banjo- Buying Guide
It is a perfect beginner’s level Banjo. it comes with all the necessary features. Though it is classified as an entry-level Banjo, it includes features of creek Irish tenor Banjos. It is one of the best budget tenor Banjo options available in the online market. The features offered for the price it comes at are extremely impressive. It would be wrong to say that this definitely qualifies as one of the best sounding Banjos for the money. The overall build of the instrument is durable.
- The resonator is easily removable.
- Hardware has a Chrome finish.
- The number of strings: 4.
- Weight: 5 pounds.
- The overall length of the instrument is 32 inches.
- Ideal tenor Banjo model.
- Perfect for beginners.
- The overall performance of this instrument model is unparalleled.
- Being lightweight, it can be easily carried around by students who are learning to play it.
- The high-quality drum head produces excellent sound quality.
- Has strong alloy strings.
- Capable of producing a great melody.
- The sound produced by Irish tenor Banjos is unique.
- It’s a high-performance model perfect for beginners.
- This tenor Banjo model is ideal for learning this new instrument.
- Unique sound quality
- Easy to carry
- Perfect for learners
- Average build
- Basic resonator
The sound quality of this instrument is extremely unique.
- It’s not as heavy as the other models.
- Easy to hang on the wall.
Why you should buy it:
- It is hands down the best tenor Banjo model available online.
- A perfect buy for the price it comes at.
This is an ideal instrument and one of the best budget 6 string Banjo options to be considered. Along with being a great instrument, it is also extremely well designed. The overall aesthetic of this Banjo instrument is sure to impress. It has a laser-etched pattern on its resonator. The overall hardware of the instrument is transparent and is completely see-through. It has a unique and accented guitar-like tone.
- Weight of the instrument: 9 pounds.
- Chrome plated finish.
- Unique aesthetic features.
- See-through hardware.
- It has an extremely durable build made of hardwood materials like Rosewood and Mahogany.
- Number of strings: 6
- Comes with a Celtic design embossed on its resonator.
- The instrument is extremely easy to tune with its closed gear set. The convenience offered is unmatched.
- All the strings are made of strong Steel alloys.
- The sound produced by these durable metal alloy strings is exceptional.
- Has an extremely impressive aesthetic.
- All the features are well built.
- A perfect instrument for beginners as well as professional performers.
- It is an ideal high-performance Banjo.
- Ideal Banjo instrument for all beginners and performers alike.
- Can be used to play a large variety of music.
- All the pegs are geared.
- Aesthetic embossed pattern.
- Strong metal alloy strings.
- Great sound quality.
- No hard-shell case.
- The back is not easily removable.
- The quality of sound resonance is extremely impressive.
- The slim build of the instrument along with its aesthetic is extremely eye-catching.
Why you should buy it:
- An extremely versatile instrument.
- Perfect for beginners and professional musicians alike.
This instrument is definitely among the best value Banjo instrument options available online. It is an amazing 5 string Banjo instrument that comes with excellent features. It is a great instrument choice for anyone. This instrument can be used by beginners, new learners, practices players, etc. It is also perfectly suited for musicians and performers. This instrument model is a 5-string Banjo. It is an extremely versatile model perfect to play a variety of different tunes on it.
- All the pegs and keys are geared.
- The number of strings is 5.
- Color: reddish black and white.
- It has an ebony cap bridge that is extremely durable and improves the overall sound quality.
- Comes with a removable back cover making it an ideal best budget open back Banjo instrument option to choose from.
- It can be played both ways. The sound is unique and equally fabulous.
- Comes with a comfortable armrest.
- Each of the pegs comes with closed gear turners.
- Has 24 frets.
- Has a strong and durable hardwood base and neck.
- The instrument weighs 9.06 pounds.
- The back is easily removable. The instrument can be played very easily with both the back and without the back on.
- The armrest is comfortable and provides extreme ease while playing the instrument.
- The geared pegs make it extremely convenient to tune.
- The ebony cap makes sure to improve the quality of sound produced by this instrument.
- Easily Removable back.
- Comes with a durable storage bag.
- Also comes with a set of good quality metal picks, polishing cloth, neck strap, an extra set of strings, and an Allen key.
- It comes with all the necessary features that are appreciated in any good quality Banjo.
- It can be a great instrument for any beginner to start learning. It can also be used by professional musicians and performers.
- Additional accessories.
- Removable back cover.
- Ebony capped bridge.
- Hardwood body.
- Durable build.
- The neck strap is very basic.
- Can have a better resonator.
- The overall build of the instrument has been improved.
- All five pegs come with closed gear turners.
- Easy to tune.
- Comes with a durable case and an extra set of strings.
Why you should buy it:
- For anyone looking forward to buying a new instrument, this Banjo model is a great option to consider.
- It comes with free accessories and a durable case.
This is one of the best 4 string Banjo options available in the online market. It has a comparatively lighter build. This instrument is perfect for any player who needs to travel often. It is one of the best budget Banjo instruments that anyone can choose to buy online. It has all the necessary features that one could ask for in an ideal Banjo. The exciting cost at which it is offered is just icing on the cake. I am sure this model is ranked among the best affordable Banjo options available.
- This model is available in the 4-string, 5-string, and 6-string variations.
- The player or musician buying this instrument can choose the number of strings they want based on their preference.
- It is ideal for any instrument player or musician who tends to travel a lot.
- Though it is relatively smaller in scale, it comes with all the necessary features.
- Comparatively lighter in weight in comparison to the other instruments.
- Chrome finish.
- Weight: 6 pounds.
- Body material: hardwood.
- The entire body and its neck are constructed using durable Mahogany wood.
- The perfect instrument for any musician who needs to travel. It is light in weight and easy to carry.
- Well-built body.
- Great resonators.
- High sound quality. Very similar to professional instruments.
- Much lighter in weight.
- Improved resonators that provide amazing sound quality.
- The build is durable and perfect for travel purposes.
- This instrument is one of the best budget Banjo options available online when it comes to being travel-friendly.
- It is an ideal Banjo instrument to carry on road trips.
- This is one of the best models to choose from for any performer or musician who needs to carry it from one place to another.
- Glossy finish.
- Light in weight.
- Extremely sturdy.
- 11 “REMO head.
- Small in size.
- No free case.
- The overall build has been improved to endure the travel.
- The weight of the Banjo instrument has gone down a bit.
- Extremely convenient to carry.
Why you should buy it:
- If you are a performer or a musician who needs to carry the instrument around often, this is the perfect instrument for you.
- Its build is strong and it’s built to endure travel. Lightweight and offers great performance.
1. How much does a decent Banjo cost?
A decent Banjo should generally cost anywhere around $150 to $500. This price range is not precise and can vary. Purchasing the best affordable Banjo can depend from person to person. As each musician can have different needs from their instrument, the number of strings on the instrument also varies.
Like most other things, the quality of sound produced by the instrument improves as one moves upward in the price range. Finding the best cheap beginner Banjo shouldn’t be difficult in this price range. There are multiple great quality of best budget Banjo available in the above-mentioned price range. Some of the best options available online have been mentioned above in the article.
2. What is a good cheap Banjo?
An ideal cheap Banjo is not as hard to find as it can seem. Many of the comparatively cheap Banjo options available online provide good performance. These models come with decent sound quality as well. They have sturdy builds and are well suited for any new learner.
These beginner models also come with geared pegs that assist in better tuning the instrument. The quality of the overall performance of the model is decent. Any beginner should find these instruments ideal to practice. Features do tend to improve with the price. But for beginners and new learners, the good cheaper models should do just fine.
I own a music instruments shop. My go to instrument is a banjo. My business makes it easier for me to access the instruments from various brands and of various types. I will give my honest opinion here to help out others in choosing the right instrument for them.