For musicians, professionals, or freelancers, whenever they are traveling, the majority of the concerts go for the safety of the instruments. For all musicians and performers out there, the safety and care for instruments that they use in their creative process are always of utmost importance.
These performers often have to travel long distances to reach the venue of their event. To keep up with the hustle of the musicians, the build of the musical instrument needs to be as strong as possible.
Best Travel Banjo – Buying Guide
Factors to consider before buying the best travel Banjo
- Purpose of the Banjo: If you are buying a Banjo to go about and play for sake of passion, a regular resonator Banjo should do the job. But if you want to play it for the profession, that requires a lot of contemplation. The type of Banjo and the style of your Banjo playing comes into play.
- Build of the Banjo: There are a few options that you can avail yourself of here. You can choose between open back and closed back Banjo. Of course, the sound and intensity will differ based on what you choose. There is also a difference in the style of Banjo based on how you play it. That comes into play because if you are traveling with the Banjo, it needs to be built well.
- String height: If you are a beginner, high strings will be extremely difficult for you to manage. But for professionals, strings are probably going to be easy to control if they are higher. If you are using the banjo to learn different styles of playing, it is better to opt for Banjos that have their strings set lower. That way the notes are cleaner and there is less buzzing disturbance when you are strumming.
- Budget: If you are traveling by yourself, beware of spending too much on a Banjo. There will be plenty of reasons for you to invest in a high-quality Banjo, but remember taking care of the Banjo while you are out, travelling will cost you almost the same amount. Always gauge the circumstances that you might have to face while being in a concert or program venue, before deciding to invest in the product.
Best travel Banjo Reviews
Frets: Fret Wire Copper
Finish: Gloss Brown
Tuners: Closed Gear
Binding: White ABS
The instrument is multifunctional. The strap can be used for various purposes. The back wall of the instrument is detachable, meaning that the instrument can be played both as an open back and a closed-back Banjo, based on the style that you prefer. It is a wonderful mini travel Banjo.
In comparison to most traditional Banjo, this one is multi-dimensional in its use and purpose. The fretboard is smooth and the string action is low. This one is very apt for beginner or amateur players. Comparable to dean mini Banjo.
This can be used for learning as well as professional playing. The design of the product allows for both.
- Versatile design
- User friendly
- Polyester can crack under excessive pressure.
The design of the Banjo is very unique. The convertible design makes it more accessible and usable for both beginner and professional users.
Why should you buy it?
The product, being in the lower range of price, offers a lot. It essentially caters to all types of customers, including beginners to professionals. It gives you the best of both worlds, i.e open back and closed back.
Kmise 4 string Banjo
Weight: 2.62 pounds
Dimensions: 41*15.75*4 inches
The product is a standard open-back Banjo. It has a sharp tone and the notes can be played clearly. This is a sturdy mini travel Banjo for beginners.
This product is also multi-functional. The quality is very good and is comparable to Dean backwoods mini travel Banjo. The quality is extremely well for the price point.
This can be used in concerts. The product is very strongly built. This is a wonderful gift for children that you fear might not be the best at being gentle with musical instruments. Without much investment, this provides a standard quality.
- Open back style Banjo
- User friendly
- Strong Build
- Straps not included
- Position indicator not included
- Bags not included
The design is very user-friendly and the product offers the user a perfect pitch, with the open back style. The price point is appreciable for the quality of the product. This is also comparable to the Dean mini Banjo.
Why should you buy it?
If you are a beginner Banjo player this product can help you out. This product is light and helps you travel with it, easily. It is also very safe for the kids.
What is a Banjo player for beginners?
A bass tuner, a string winding, a second string, a Banjo strap, a capo, and a fine Banjo technique book are necessary.
Is Banjo-open better than Banjo-closed?
Clawhammer players often select Banjos that are open back. Bluegrass musicians like a more full-fledged, more crackling Banjo noise. Bluegrass can be used in any way.
Also, check out Gotoh Banjo Tuners Review, if you are in the market for some good tuners.